Spiritual Nourishment & Covid-19
Amidst the Covid-19 outbreak I've been hearing a need for new ways to maintain spiritual nourishment. So... I hope this list of digital resources may be helpful. Please feel free to share the list and get in touch if there are any other good resources that you would recommend.
> Josephite (Sisters of Saint Joseph) Resources
- What it means to be a good neighbour? - Sr Jo Brady rsj
- Where is God in a Pandemic? - James Martin SJ
- Four tips for working from home - Catholic career coach Megan Walk
- Pope Prays that the world may overcome fear - CNS
- Gospel Reflections - Catholic Religious Australia
- The Spirituality of Struggle [ Part 1 + Part 2 + Part 3 ] - Sr Joan Chittister
- Where is God in all this? - Fr Ron Rolheiser
- Fear, Denial and Loss - Chris Middleton SJ
- Corona Virus Quarantine (Ways of Praying / things to do in quarantine) - Bishop Robert Barron
- New Zealand Reflections and Resources - Auckland Catholic
> Online Mass / Prayers
- Mary MacKillop Parish (Oran Park, AU)
- Our Lady of the Way (North Sydney)
- St Patricks Church Hill (Sydney)
- NZ Online Mass links - National Liturgy Office NZ
- Fr Rob Galea - AU (Sunday Mass)
- Light FM (Audio only) - 7am Melbourne time
- The Taize community - livestream Evening Prayer (each day at 8.30pm Central European Time (8.30am NZ time / 6.30am Sydney Time).
- Australian Links - Catholic.org.au / pray at home
> Podcasts + Apps
- Global music selections / Mix: Tui Motu Magazine
- Reflective / calming: Pray as you go music
- Pop / Indie / Acoustic:
NZ / AU: The Stations + Fr Rob Galea + Kathryn Overall
USA: Josh Garrels + Luke Spehar + Brother Isaiah
UK: Rivers & Robots + Steph Macleod / Celtic Worship
- Please send me a message & let me know of any good ones to add...
News + General Resources
- Vatican News in English - Many other languages also available
- Catholic Church in Australia - Pray at Home
- Tui Motu - Articles + Blessings + Music & Song + more
- The Jesuit post - Finding God during the Corona Virus pandemic (a huge list)
- Resources for an unusual time - Wellington Catholic
- SLI Connect - Mental & Spiritual Health Resources (Especially for resiliency in times of Crisis)
- General Christian Resources - Hope 103.2.com.au
- Pope’s Prayer intentions March 2020 + The Pope Video (1min video each month)
- Sisters of Mercy prayer room
- Food for Faith - New Zealand website by Fr John O’Connor - daily reflections.
- Emmaus Productions - Video and music resources to support families and communities spiritually. Also includes resources for children.
- Praying the Rosary during Covid 19 - Parramatta Diocese
- Poems: Pandemic - by Lynn Ungar + Benediction - by Bernadette Miller
- CathFAMILY: Activities, prayer rituals, crafts and recipes for families to use in nurturing faith. This includes CathKids (weekly interactive experience with a two-minute animated reflection on the Sunday reading, questions to stimulate discussion, a simple activity and prayer). They also have great Easter resources. It’s free for the first three months during this Covid-19 pandemic.
Joy, Humour & Light Relief
- Positives from a week of uncertainty (TVNZ) - 3min
- Humour and Animals - Twitter feed
- Dogs working from home - Instagram feed + Dog doing Yoga in Italian - 1.35min
- Joyful Music Videos: Pharrell Williams (Happy) + Old Movie Stars Dance to Uptown Funk
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Watch the Live Feeds (Sharks, Penguins and more)
- Meerkats have fun in a ball pit - 3min
- More to come...
Please get in touch if you have any good resources or links for me to add...