Illustration Icons - Koru - Seaons for Growth NZ
designjane was hired by the Catholic Diocese of Auckland (Aotearoa New Zealand) in 2014 to create custom icon illustrations to help promote the Seasons for Growth grief program.
– The designjane project process insures that the design work is purposeful, on-target and no time is wasted. Before any design work was started a series of questions were researched + asked + answered to help give a better understanding of the intended use and desired goals for the illustrations // icons.
– Images of similar styles of illustration were sent to also confirm the client agreed on the intended illustration style.
– Initial rough hand sketches were created. One icon was created at a time, moving through them singly to ensure no time was wasted, the client was kept in the loop through the project, engaging in a conversation of constructive feedback.
– Once all four icons were finished then the colour options and photoshop mock-ups were created. Photoshop mock-ups are a wonderful essential way to help both the designer and the client visualise how the illustrations may be used.
– Files were supplied in various formats and sizes and colour breakdown was also supplied.
- End result = purposeful, versatile, relevant new icons.