We are almost there. One more sleep until the big day. This 4th and last week in Advent has been one of new experiences, new lessons, new light starting to shine.
I’ve found myself thinking about connections. Who & How I now MAKE time for people in my life, how do we choose, have I and am I choosing wisely?
At this time of year we often find ourselves planning for Christmas day and New Years celebrations too…
- Who are the people we most want to spend these special times with?
- Who have we shared them with in the past?
- Why & What is important for me to MAKE time for?
As Christmas approaches I am thankful; truely deeply grateful that I have the choice to be able to choose to MAKE time for those special to me and for those who have been unexpected gifts in my life. All the while still being open, listening in prayer & learning simply one day at a time…
NEWS ARTICLES + READING
1. Lily & the Snowman - MAKE time for what you love.. >> CLICK HERE (or see below)
2. Hair Stylists Giving Free Hair-Cuts to Homeless >> CLICK HERE for article + see video below
3. Santa delivers Clothes to those needing it most >> CLICK HERE + see video below
4. Keanu Reeves wrote about this picture of himself >> CLICK HERE
“ Focus on the now and you will never have to rush anything. Too many people don't realize the power of the present time by spending it everywhere but in the present moment.”
5. Richar Rohr & Inter-faith >> FULL TEXT CLICK HERE
“Matthew Fox describes how Buddhist teacher Thich Nhat Hanh "speaks of the centrality of going deep if we are to do inter-faith work when he says: 'Through the practice of deep looking and deep listening, we become free, able to see the beauty and values in our own and others' traditions.' Yet, to get to the point of seeing the beauty and value in others' traditions, one must look and listen deeply into one's own. One must practice some path along the journey that leads to depth. One must enter the well of mystical experience.“
6. Fr Richard Rohr Wisdom >> CLICK HERE FULL TEXT
“God seems to honor and use each individual path. As Jesus put it, "There are many mansions in my Father's house" (John 14:2). Honestly, what else is possible? God clearly creates and allows diversity in endless forms. But it is also helpful to have reference to the common elements so that I know I am not alone and my ideas are not just my own but from the One Holy Spirit. If we can remember that we all came from God and are headed back to God, whatever circuitous route we take, I think it will help us be more humble and patient with each other. Each group and era has its own preferred symbols, rituals, scriptures, and words for things, but let's not ever let them get in the way of what they are all pointing to and leading us toward--union of the soul with God.”
IN OTHER NEWS
- I donated blood for the first time in Australia on Wednesday. It was painless and pretty easy. Apparently by donating 500ml of my Vampire Candy I saved 3 lives. Amazing. I highly recommend donating - you’ll be glad you did.
- I was fortunate enough to find some free Lego this week. As I walk or run in the morning I'll often have a wee glance to see what people leave on the sidewalk for trash // collection. I'm a big fan of recycling and up-cycling. This week i found a flat screen TV and a bag of Star Wars Lego. Thank you God.... only in North Sydney!
- I completed a new piece of Artwork this week too. I enjoyed experimenting with incorporating the sketch into the wood bark // hole in the plank of wood. Thanks to George Washington for the wise words too;
"Liberty; when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
- One of the sisters in the section where I live feeds a wee family of magpie birds. She really takes the concept ‘we are all connected’ from Laudato Si to heart. Seeing that she’s away I offered to feed them. So, morning and night for the next few days i’ll continue to feed the family of 3. I didn’t think I would ever been doing this, but by being open, new experiences have appeared!
Feeling a magpie gently take food from my hand is fresh. I feel softer for it, and more connected. I’m working on names for them too - any ideas let me know...
- We are all connected. We must MAKE time to choose our connections and be OPEN to the connections that God has waiting for us.
- Choose GRATITUDE. Choose CONNECTION. One day at a time.
Happy birthday to Jesus. Wishing you all a Christmas that is filled with gratitude, joy, inner peace and tenderness to all those that surround you.
God Bless + Namaste
Jane Maisey rsj